Monday, August 15, 2005

Fun weekend

I had a good weekend. Last night Zack, Jamie, Robert and I went to Virginia West's drag show. We had a table on the front row so that was fun to be in all the action. It was a slumber party massacre, and by audience vote my favorite drag queen, Monique Devoreaux, was named the killer. Afterwards we went to Union for the cast party and had a few drinks.

Saturday Zack and I went to a party at Pete's house where we got to hang out with our law school friends for a bit. Then we went to Havana to hang out with Jimmy and friends. It was a nice change of pace to hang out with the older crowd.

On Friday night we went to a party on the Scioto River and then went to Axis. It was a fun night at Axis. Zack and I got our groove on. We ran into Aaron, Donny, Rob and Steve. Don was also there with his friends.

I talked to Natalie on Saturday night for two hours on the phone. It was great to catch up with her again. I'm flying out to go to her wedding in Minnesota in September. She is my ex-girlfriend and the first non-gay person I came out to, so we are really close even though we live far away.

Yesterday I went running for 45 minutes. I have a renewed desire to train for the marathon. I need to get a training plan and stick to it. I just hope I have the discipline I need to train. I signed up for a half marathon in two weeks. That's my favorite distance so it should be a good time.

No comments: