Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Fun at Blondie's

Blondie's is just two blocks from my house, but last night was the first time I went since I went almost a year ago on one of my first nights in Columbus. It was a fun time. I had a nice buzz going when I got there that turned into full-fledged drunkenness by the time I left. Though I live only two blocks away, Dan and I managed to stumble around for 30 minutes in the wrong direction (east on Hudson, for example) before he called his roommate to come pick us up. I sang Whenever, Wherever karaoke for everyone at the bar. I didn't do Shakira well in the singing category unfortunately, but I thought I made a fine ass shaker. Next time I'll have to sing a song that showcases my vocal abilities.

Before Blondie's I played a nice game of Monopoly with Zack, Jamie and Robert. Zack and I made a great alliance since between the both of us we owned all but four properties. Well people got tired and we declared Zack the winner, and though they refused to say it, I was clearly in second place. Zack and I have been getting along really well these past couple of weeks since I've been home so I'm really happy about that.

I went to dinner with Jim, who is a radiologist. I've been talking to him for a while, but this was the first time we had met. I think knowing him will help me get the radiology residency I so desperately want. I need to get my act in gear and shadow him in my free time. Talking to him made me excited again to be a radiologist. Maybe I will be able to handle going back to school in less than two weeks.

On Today's Show:
On Days yesterday Marlena continued to annoy me with her amnesia. John was being ridiculous in defending Kate for her actions. Roman is right for not wanting to be with Kate anymore after what she did. I absolutely hate Belle for what she's doing to Shawn. It was great final scene when she told him she never wanted to see him again and they grasped hands. The camera zoomed in on their hands and as their hands came apart in the background was the S & B that was carved into the wall on the roof.

Use of the word "hooks" as in "getting your hooks into someone": 0
Amnesia patients: 1 (Marlena is being so annoying)
Comas: 0
Car accidents: 0
Dimera hostage count: 3 (Caroline and Victor, though they are hardly ever shown and now Hope)

In other news I got a call from Matt yesterday saying that I'm an uncle for the 15th time. Sage had an as yet unnamed baby boy yesterday. I'm glad they're both doing fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The white man cant hold this half breed down! Woop woop! I'll give you another dollar next time you do the don't cha dance! ;)