Thursday, October 23, 2008

Brush with fame

Last night(10/22) I came to Columbus to see the So You Think You Can Dance tour with my friend Erika. It was fun to see all my favorite dances from the TV show and to hang out with Erika.

Today(10/23) I went to the Wexner Center on campus to see the Andy Warhol exhibit. As I was looking around I saw a blonde girl with a black ski cap on who looked famous(she had movie star good looks). I looked at the girl next to her and I realized these were dancers from the SYTYCD dance tour! It was Kherrington, Chelsi Trail, Gev and Jessica. I was soo excited. I said I saw your guys' show last night and I thought it was great! I started shaking their hands and telling them their names and they asked me my name. I told Gev that I was from Orem and asked where Chelsie Hightower was. She didn't come, but wanted to meet up later tonight, Chelsi T. said. She was like, I'm the only Chelsi here! I said oh it's fine I'm from Orem so I wanted to give a shout out to my fellow Oremite. Then Gev asked if I grew up there and was just here for school. I said yeah I grew up there went to BYU then here for med school, I'm graduated now and am back for homecoming. I should have told them that I came here for the show which is true(as well as for Julie's birthday). Somehow it came up that they're glad they had the show last night and could spend the day here. I told them again that I loved the show and that I'd let them get back to the art show and that it was nice to meet them. There were probably some other things said but I can't remember them now. I was so nervous and star struck I was just trying to from words into sentences. I sneaked a couple of pics on my camera phone as they continued looking at the art. Kherrington came right by me again when I was reading the Andy Warhol booklet.

I wish I would have had my real camera, but I left it at my friend's house for the day while I was out. I should have gotten their autographs or gotten my photo with them with my camera! I should have asked them where they were going out tonight and invited them to Union which is where I'm headed tonight. My friend Dave knows Thayne from SYTYCD but he doesn't have his phone number anymore so I can't get a hold of him.

No comments: