Monday, October 13, 2008

How to find out who donated to Vote Yes on Proposition 8

To see a list of those who have donated to "YES ON 8, A PROJECT OF CALIFORNIA RENEWAL" go to the California Secretary of State page.

Click the "contributions received" bubble under the "View Information" section. Below that there's an option to download the Excel sheet of donors, so you can then alphabetize the list(I alphabetized the list by city).

I found out my uncle and brother that live in California both donated $100. How upsetting that they would donate money. I can only guess how much time they've donated. At least I know where they stand now.

UPDATE:
Today HRC was doing 100% matching of donations, so I made a $100 donation and that was matched, so I've now donated more than my family members donated to "Vote Yes". I do feel a little better, but there's so many people against us.

UPDATE:
This is a much more user friendly way to find out who has donated money to Prop 8:
http://www.sfgate.com/webdb/prop8/?Search+Again=

UPDATE:
I found out that my uncle has donated a total of $1000 dollars in support of Proposition 8. I can't compete with that kind of money.

3 comments:

Scot said...

It is terrible what this is doing to families, in the name of family.

Hidden said...

And it's not getting better! Thanks for this info... but it reveals that two of my uncles donated. $1,000 each.

How can I ever face them again?

I hate this [expletive] war...

Dave said...

That's horrible, Hidden!