Monday, December 12, 2005

Survivor: Guatemala finale

Last night was the Survivor finale. The final three were Danni, Rafe and Stephenie. Rafe and Steph should have taken Lydia with them to the final three so that either of them would have won the last immunity challenge, then taken the other to the final two. Rafe went behind Steph's back and made a promise to Danni that he would take her to the final three, so Lydia was voted out. At the challenge Rafe was the first out and it came down to Steph and Danni and the way the challenge was set up Danni won because she was so tall, she had no problem leaning against the pole. It was heartbreaking to see Steph give it her all but finally fall down. Rafe was a good sport and told Danni she didn't have to take him to the final two even though she promised him she would. I was so close to having my dream finale of Rafe and Steph. Danni decided to take Steph with her to the final two because she thought she had a better chance of winning against Steph because Steph had backstabbed so many people. I had mixed feelings about Steph being in the final two over Rafe but I have loved Steph ever since Palau, so to see her make it to the final two was awesome. I just wish she could have gone with the gay Mormon that played an amazing game. But it is Rafe's fault that Danni won the last immunity challenge and he was the first one out of the challenge, so I think Steph deserved to be in the final two. Unfortunately, the jury voted Danni the winner. What a disappointing end to my favorite season of Survivor. Steph deserved to win. Maybe she'll be back for another season.

3 comments:

Gay Spiderman said...

Nice blog. I agree Steph should have won. I don't think Danni would have won if she would have taken Rafe.

Brechi said...

I agree, Steph should have won. She really played the best game anyone could play. I think she is the epitomy of a Survivor, she didn't skate along at all like some of the others (Danni, Lydia, Cindy) she was really "playing" the game all the time. Hopefully they'll do another All-Stars and we'll get to see Steph play again.

As for Rafe, I was not a big fan. Initially I thought he was ok, but towards the end he started playing the martyr role way too often (ex - with Cindy and the car) and I started to think he was a douchebag and really wanted him out.

I don't have too much to say about Danni except that I could hardly recognize her when they did the Live results ceremony.

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited that you watched Survivor! Why didn't we talk about it when I was in Columbus?
Steph TOTALLY should have won ... I was so bummed that Danni coasted along and Steph REALLY played well but didn't get rewarded for it. Sorry about your gay Mormom brother bowing out before the final 3 ... but he played a good game. And I was proud of him for bringing up the "gay Mormon" factor regularly in the last few episodes.
Have a nice trip to Utah! See you at the end of the month or in January ...
SMOOCH!