Saturday, December 24, 2005

Dave's Birthday

On Wednesday night Dave and I drove up to Salt Lake to go to karaoke night at the Trap, one of the gay clubs in Salt Lake. I love going there on Sunday nights because they play Latin music, but tonight we were just going to sing songs and get drunk. And we did, thanks to drinks beforehand at CJ's and vodka Jello made by Dave's friend Saia. Dave and I sang "I'll Cover You" and "The Boy is Mine" and were backup singers for a lot of the other people doing karaoke. We had lots of fun and brought Dave's birthday in with a bash. We slept over at CJ's house, and when I got home I got lectured by my dad for not telling them that I was not coming home.

On Thursday night for Dave's birthday he wanted me to take him grocery shopping at Walmart since he doesn't have a car. Then we went to the gym for three hours, working out for two hours and sitting in the hot tub/pool for an hour.

We also went out Friday night to the Sound. It opened since I moved away, but I've been there once for New Year's Eve last year. It was a fun night. There was a drag show and the music is really fun there, a nice change from Axis' music. It was fun to dance and get crazy with Dave again. He smuggled in a bottle of Smirnoff in his sock and we bought some Sobe at the club so we could mix it in the bathroom. We are so cheap, I love it. I'm so glad Dave and I are still best friends even though I live so far away and that I got to be here for the start and end of his birthday.

2 comments:

DCTwistedLife said...

Looks like you had lots of fun doing Karoke. I did the same thing here in D.C. with a few friends back in october. Soo much fun....we sang Backstreet Boys, ArethaFranklin "Respect", "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks...(I have a low voice so I got to sing the LOWWW parts). lol.... TONS of funnnn.

You seem to have a very interesting blog as well, which I've been trying to read. I've also linked you from my blog as well :) Anyhow, hope to see some more comments from you whenever! Take care.

David said...

I think I know CJ.