Saturday, March 22, 2008

Match Day

Match Day turned out to be very different than I thought it would be. Kip and I ended up matching in Milwaukee, WI. I'm really happy that we matched together, but I wanted to either go to Phoenix or stay in Columbus and definitely didn't want to go anywhere colder that Ohio. I feel really bad that I had 4 years to make that happen and I failed and that I let Kip down. I really did enjoy the program when I visited so I am glad about that, although I honestly didn't learn that much about it because I didn't think there was any way I would end up there. I'm getting more used to the idea now and I'm sure everything will work out fine in the end. We'll enjoy buying our first house together and exploring a new city. Milwaukee is only a cheap Skybus flight away from Columbus so that'll be good. I'll miss Columbus!

7 comments:

MoHoHawaii said...

Congratulations to you both! I'm sure it will be fine, even if it's not your first choice of program.

Craig said...

Milwaukee's not so bad, though I like Madison better. You're living just a few hours from where my parents live - better watch out!

Dave said...

You'll have to come visit Kip and I when you come visit your parents!

Chris said...

I was born in Milwaukee, spent many summers there growing up, and still have family there. It's not so bad. Cold, but not so bad. Plus, it's really close to Chicago, which is a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Too bad for you that Skybus went out of business...

Allie said...

I know the pain. Skybus closed down and I lost my honeymoon tickets. :(

Aaron said...

I had no idea you were keeping up your blog!

Congratulations on taking the next step in your life and I hope you and Kip have a great four years in Wisconsin!