Monday, August 28, 2006

Shakira concert

I've waited for six years to finally Shakira in concert and it was amazing! Our seats were on the floor right in the center, 19 rows back. I can' believe how close I got to her. At one point she came into the audience, down the right side and she was probably within 10-15 seats of me. She sang mostly in Spanish and sang most of my favorite songs from all of her albums. Her part lasted about an hour and 40 minutes. These are the songs she sang:

Estoy Aqui
Te Dejo Madrid
Don’t Bother
Hey You
Antalogia
Inevitable
La Tortura
Si Te Vas
No
Ciega, Sordomuda
Para Obtener Un Si
Whenever, Wherever
Underneath Your Clothes
La Pared
Pies Descalzos
Ojos Asi
Hips Don’t Lie

4 comments:

Allie said...

I'm glad you got to see Shakira at last! I can't wait to hear about it in person. (I looked for a wax figure of her in Vegas, but I had to settle w/JLo, Britney, and Madonna instead.)

DCTwistedLife said...

I JUST saw the concert and I am still in awe. It was AMAAAAAZING. I have waited soooo long to see her too. She is so amazing. Her voice was ON, and man can she move. It makes me soo proud to be from the middle east when I see her do her bellydancing moves. When she sang Ojos Asi at the end, I was going wild! That is my favorite song. She is hot, I love her, I might marry her...even though I dont really want her in that way- she is cool enough that I would marry her. Come on. Its shakira. You'd marry her too. haha. AND though she is 4'11", she commands the stage so well. Shall I go on with my laundry list of reasons why she is amazing?

Oh man.... I think you might be one of the few people who understands my obsession. I was with three people who only know her english music, so when her spanish stuff came on...they were like... oh. HAHA, and lucky for my I could sing along to every song...except for Antologia, I have heard it several times, but its not my favorite so I didnt know the words well....AHHH I am a failure ;)

Anyway, I'm so glad you enjoyed it...and I'm sure you were/are just as elated from seeing it as I am!

Sanjida said...

I'm glad you had a good time Dave!

Sid said...

I think it is time for me to go to Miami, Fl in December for live concert

Sid
Shakira concert ticket