Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My Trip Home

I arrived in Utah on July 2nd, just in time to go to Stadium of Fire with Katie, her friend Stacey, Andy and Kayli. I had to cry big tears in order to get on a flight early enough to make the patriotic celebration after my flight from Lima was delayed 3 hours. I was happy to be there with my brother and sister after not having been with family in 6 months. The celebration was fun with Mandy Moore and Lonestar performing and lots of fireworks.

I had a great 4th of July. I woke up early and met Katie and Stacey at Kiwanis Park to pick up our race packets for the 10K we were running. I started this tradition a couple of years ago to run in the race on the 4th, so I'm happy that many of my siblings and their spouses were able to participate this year. Matt, Brian and Emily ran the 5K, and Amy, Andy and Kayli did the mile walk. I ran the 10K in 40 minutes, which was a good time for me, although I felt like I was going really slow. After the race was the parade. I sat with Matt and Sage in prime shade along the parade route. Then it was time to go home and get ready for the Baugh Family reunion at Scera Park. This is a yearly tradition for my Dad's family. My grandpa cooks hamburgers and hot dogs and everyone brings their favorite salads to share. Then there are games such as volleyball and bocce. After spending all day in the park, Matt and I had some bonding time going up to the Real Salt Lake soccer game. It was a fun game. Our team came back from a 2 goal deficit to tie the game in the last 12 minutes.

No comments: