Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Intern

I started my first day of my intern year yesterday. I am on an inpatient general medicine service for my first month. I feel like I'm already getting the hang of things and that I'll be able to handle intern year just fine. I like being in charge of my own patients and writing orders. I will have my first overnight call on Thursday so I am nervous for that. Unfortunately I'll be on call for the 4th of July so I'm sad that I won't get to celebrate with Kip that day. We'll have to have a BBQ the next day, I guess.

2 comments:

Harley said...

Hi Dave - is your residency at MCW/Froedtert? I work there in the IT division and work with a number of residency programs. I have enjoyed following your blog. I've lived in MKE for a long time - it's a nice place. You'll like it. Good luck on your internship! Let me know if I can help.

Dave said...

I'm at private hospital here, not MCW. Thanks for the well wishes!